Connie-Lee Bennett is the fabulous founder of Meraki Therapy. Meraki is Greek and it means doing some-thing from the soul. This is central to her approach.
She is passionate about inspiring people to awaken to and live who they truly are. When she was at university she went to the movies in her Pyjamas and her friends kept on saying to her, “Connie there is clearly nothing that you won’t do. You don’t seem to care what others think of you at all”. This is when she realised that her outward confidence was just a mask. Her nonchalance covered her deep insecurities about wanting to be accepted, so had created her own belief system; “If I appear more confident, people will like me”. Since starting her journey of awakening she has learnt not to be so hard on herself and no longer tries to be who other people expect her to be and is finding this a lot less tiring way to live!
Connie often asks her clients, “Who are YOU?” because it’s not a question most people feel comfortable answering. At the heart of her therapy she helps people to rediscover their answers to this questions. She helps people discover the masks they have been wearing their whole lives and how to start living without them, knowing that they are now living their truth.
Connie believes that using an integrative approach in treating clients is essential. She does this by combining both traditional Psychotherapy techniques with more Holistic methods like: Mirror Work, Inner Child Healing, and Body Awareness. Clients leave with lasting tools to live a life where they thrive in the boardroom, the living room and the bedroom as their Personal Performance Mentor.
With over 15 years of experience in the field of Psychology, Connie has developed her own methodology: her T.H.R.I.V.E system and her Authentic Communication Model. Since moving to Paris, she has been voted the ‘Best Complementary therapist’, become an Authority in the field of Holistic Psychotherapy by launching her T.H.R.I.V.E system and Authentic Communication Model. Connie has spoken in the United Kingdom, India, Brussels, the Netherlands and France; produces her own radio show; has been interviewed on radio; written articles for magazines and authored various self-published books and created various online programmes. She also give workshops twice a year in Paris and London.
What makes Meraki different:
- I work with what resonates with you – I believe that the uniqueness of each person is what makes them beautiful. This individuality is what makes each person special. This is why I don’t believe in using one specific therapy technique but I believe in tailoring each therapy session to suit the needs of each client.
- It is fun to find out who we truly are – One thing I am learning is to stop being so hard on myself. One of the ways I am learning to do this has been a result of me learning that the more I find out about who I am, the more I am in appreciation of how special and unique I am. I have started to enjoy this process of discovery. The more fun I have with myself and my human side the more courage I have to step into creating a life I love.
- Peace and acceptance – I work under the principle that everything is exactly as it should be and you are exactly where you should be. All you are and have been through has lead you to this exciting moment. It is to embrace the past, learn its lessons so we can walk in peace in the future.
- It is a shared active experience – I am on this journey with you. We actively work together in looking for ways to access all of who you are and deal with what you’re going through.
- Flexibility – Not only is life unpredictable but in today’s society working hours vary which is why my hours are flexible and as such can work around you.